Hanlie tagged me with this awesome award and the opportunity to share 7 things you may not know about me….so here goes!
- I once competed in a “scholarship” pageant–yup, lime-green swimsuit with matching 4-inch heels, opening dance number, evening gown, musical reading talent and all. It was fun, but for some reason it is one of the things in my life I’m more embarrassed for people to find out. Now you all know so I can relax (whew!) 🙂 If I could only figure out how to get a clip of my talent converted for posting–now that would be a treat. I’ll have to see what I can do 🙂
- Speaking of talents–I really like to sing. I’m pretty convinced that I’m no good at it, so I don’t do it in public very often, but I definitely sing loud and proud in the shower (except when at the gym–I don’t want to be known as the crazy fat lady who sings in the shower–I’m already the crazy fat lady who can’t help but sing out loud to her iPod while on the treadmill).
- I once went to a movie starring Scott Glenn with a boy named Scott Glen. My Scott Glen was cuter.
- Hanlie’s 7 got me thinking about horses. I once took “Horse 4-H.” Unfortunately, though, we only had one horse and my older brother also took Horse 4-H. My dad wanted us both to be able to participate, so he borrowed/leased a Shetland Pony from a friend. He was a cute pony. His name was Twinkie. But friends, Twinkie was evil. He hated me and would try to lose me at every possible turn. I think he knew when 4-H day was because I would go to get him from the pasture and he would be full of burrs–every stinking time. Perhaps Twinkie could sense that I was a bit embarrassed of him. You see, it was hard and took every bit of courage my little 12-year-old self could muster to ride into that arena every week when all of the other kids were on their regular sized horses and I, for all intents and purposes, was riding a glorified dog. I think he secretly hated me as much as I secretly hated him.
- I am wicked-awesome at pitching in slow-pitch softball. I just am.
- When I was a little girl (ages 7 through probably 12 or 13) I asked for and received roller skates every year for my birthday. This was much to my mother’s chagrin. I remember her asking me several years, “Wouldn’t you rather have a cute purse, or some make-up, or something?” Luckily, I grew out of that phase and my Mom was able to shower her only girl with frilly girlie things as I got older. 🙂
- I’m one of the rare people who enjoys blind dates. I’ve had dozens and there have only been two that I would rate lower than a 4 on a 5 point scale and in both cases it was due to the attitude of the man I was set up with. I like blind dates because I find I’m much less guarded than when dating someone I already “like.” You see….it is just so much easier to be myself when I don’t really care whether or not I see someone again–which usually leads to a fun time and seeing them again.
So, there you have it–7 things you may not have known about me. 🙂