Teresa's Goals Revisited
We’ve been at this blog a little more than three months. I thought this would be a good time to pull out my initial goals and see where I am. Am I any closer to achieving them? Are they realistic? Do I still want to do them? Does anything need to be tweaked?
Here are my goals from September 2010:
- Run a 5K by the end of 2010 —Well, I don’t think I’ll be running in an “official” race anywhere, but I will complete (run/walk) a 5K in under 50 minutes no later than December 31. As much as I would like to do this outside, I think it will be easier to measure and time on a treadmill so I plan to do this at the gym. In order to reach this goal, I will run/walk 6 days per week for at least a distance of 5K Dec 13 until task is completed.
- Pass the qualifying workout for the “Blood and Guts” class at the gym (still need to find out what the requirements are so I can set a date). I have looked at the qualifications for this and I think I will set a March 31st deadline.
- Compete in the Greatest Loser Challenge at the gym (10-2-10 through 1-15-11) SIGNED UP! If I had to summarize this today, it would be an F+. However, due to unplanned medical issues, I’m giving myself a break. I’m digging in right now and I’m hopeful that I can loose an additional 15-20 pounds by the January 15th finale.
- Completing the Top of Utah Marathon, September 2011. I’m not really sure this is a realistic goal. What do you think? I’m leaning towards completing a 1/2 marathon this year and working towards TOU for 2012.
- Completing a sprint triathlon with my niece, Amanda, sometime in 2011. DEFINITELY going to do this. I’m tempted to sign up again for the Women of Steele triathlon that is the third weekend of May. I will decide by Monday noon as that is when registration opens and it usually sells out really quick. Amanda is not old enough for this one, so will will find another–I guess that means that perhaps I will get to do 2 this year.
- Participating in an organized team sport again. I still think this is fun and doable. Anyone doing city softball or volleyball in Cache Valley?
- Become a morning person (this may be the hardest of all). To be honest, a week ago that I was ready to ditch this goal. I didn’t think there would be any way that I could do this. I’m hopeful I’ll still get there. I think it is important for me to do my regularly scheduled exercise in the mornings because too many things come up in the evenings to be as consistent as I need to be–at least until I get the weight off and get into maintenance mode.
My newest goal–exercise daily, and when possible 2x daily, for the next three months.